Manhattan Maintenance Company’s Managers and Supervisors have accepted the challenge from company President, Taryn Peppo to earn 30 certificates in May. We earned 31 FEMA certifications. The team has been meeting to watch a training together on a weekly basis, then afterwards, we take turns going into the “quiet office” to take the test.
So far the team has amassed an impressive 31 certifications in the following topics:
- FEMA Household Hazardous Materials
- FEMA Safety Orientation
- FEMA Diversity Awareness
- FEMA EEO Employee Course
- FEMA Basic Workplace Security Awareness
- FEMA Workplace Violence Awareness
- FEMA Social Media in Emergency Management
- FEMA Effective Communication
- FEMA Planning for the Needs of Children in Disasters
- and one really weird one: FEMA Livestock in Disasters (One of our managers lives in a farm area)
Taryn has not announced what the special surprise will be for accomplishing the 30 certificates in 30 days goal, but we are all hoping we will get a new car! Or a pizza. It’s almost lunchtime, a pizza would be great.